Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Complicated

It seems that whenever life is going along with relatively few major bumps, then you run into some multi-path intersection.  I don't want to go into great detail, but life is complicated.

I had a kindergartener tell me today that she wished she was already a grown up.  I asked her why she would want to be all grown up and she told me so she could do what ever she wanted.  If only it was so simple to just be able to do what you wanted.  Now I am all for a challenge.  However, a challenge is different than struggling or being faced with traumatic loss, both of which have come as no stranger to me in the last few years.

I guess I just have a lot of things on my mind lately.  It is time to take stock of what I have, what I want, and what I need.  Time to pursue things that excite me and bring happiness; and time to cut loose the things bringing me down and stressing me out.  Life it too short to be miserable.  If you are not enjoying yourself, you are not living life to the fullest.  It is time to start living.