Monday, January 24, 2011

Life and Baseball

I grew up loving baseball. I so very badly wanted to play in the big leagues. I could picture myself in Dodger Blue throwing a perfect game and being the only pitcher with a .300 batting avg AND 20 home runs a season.

Lofty goals and dreams.

Somewhere along the way I never made that a reality, although it wasn't as if I didn't try. I still like to catch a game or two a year, I plan on a spring training weekend in Arizona this year to get a jump start on the season.

So, in the spirit of baseball season coming up; I will attempt to equate my day thus far with a baseball analogy:

"When life throws you curve balls, you hit it out of the park;
When you get hit by the pitch, it takes a few moments to catch your breath."

As for right now, I am still attempting to catch my breath.

Bill