Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Taking the Appropriate Steps

At the beginning of the year I started wearing a pedometer, or step counter.  It is suggested that you take 10,000 steps per day for good health.  In my job I am always standing, so I thought I would be getting over the recommended mark no problem.  Not the case.  On a regular day I will walk between 4500 and 9500 steps according to the pedometer.

Today on our lunch break, Bill and I went for a walk around our neighborhood.  Not only can I tell that I got more exercise, but the pedometer doesn't lie.

Part of the No Excuses New Year is finally losing weight and keeping it off.  This is a multi layered effort.  I need to get moving more, eat better and have a more healthy outlook on life. Being a vegetarian already I have an advantage.  Maybe I will try being vegan for a while.