Friday, June 24, 2016

8 Bit Brewing is a Good Bet

Murrieta - The best part about summer break is getting to sleep in and drink beer for breakfast.  This is exactly what I did today.  With no plans or appointments, I slept late and made lunch plans with my husband at 8 Bit Brewing in Murrieta, Ca. 

Though my husband and many friends had been here before, this was my first time to the newish brewery located in the industrial district of southwest Murrieta.  I was very impressed with the vibe and décor, modern gray tones mixed with warm wood accents.  The unique distressed metal slab bar top was a favorite of mine.  As were the Pacman inspired beer labels and brewery logo.

Having been there one other time, my husband knew to order the sweet and spicy fries as soon as we sat down to peruse the rest of the menu.  Next on tap was what’s on tap.  8 Bit Brewery has around 12 beers on tap to choose from, all of which they brew themselves.  The only exception is that they offer Angry Orchard Hard Cider for those who can’t do gluten.  I chose an oatmeal stout because that is what I have been drinking lately, but also because it was named Lord Voldemalt.  The book nerd in me was stoked.  My husband had to get his second choice, an IPA named True Brewmance, because they were currently out of their citrus IPA, Care Beer.  All of the brews here have unique and interesting names.

The Brewstro menu was devoid of cleverly named options, but that was unnecessary as the flavor spoke for itself.  While we waited for our brown sugar and chili pepper dusted fries, we decided to split the grilled cheese sandwich and a kids mac and cheese. The perfectly al dente noodles were drenched in a thick and creamy white cheese sauce. We added some smoky, spicy jalapenos to the mac and cheese and it was phonominal! 

The grilled cheese was a little bit on the too cheesy side and I had to take out the tomato slice because it was just sliding around in there; but the bread was buttery and crispy and the American/Mozzarella cheese blend was delicious.  The best part of the meal, if you can believe it, was the side salad that came with the grilled cheese.  Mixed greens loaded up with yummy extras: feta cheese, tomatoes, walnuts and dried cherries topped with just enough house vinaigrette.  The fries are amazing, but do not underestimate this salad.

The portion sizes are epic.  The food is outstanding.  The beers are strong and flavorful. The prices are reasonable.  The staff members are exceptional.  While we were there we noticed a new addition, an outdoor seating patio that is so new it isn’t even open yet.  We also were told that they just added a bunch more brewing machines because the demand was greater than they could produce.  After experiencing 8 Bit Brewing myself I can see why.  I know I will be going back.  You can visit them online at www.8bitbrewingcompany.com or go enjoy for yourself at 26755 Jefferson Ave Ste. F in Murrieta.